Vergelio's history takes shape in the course of the 1920s, when Enrico Vergelio started the shoemaker profession. In 1927 he opened the first workshop in via Foppa and then the first shop in via Vitruvio.
In the 1960s after World War II, Enrico Vergelio, alongside his son Roberto, found an ever-flourishing expansion.
The family-run company opens new shops and undertook a winning strategy focusing on differentiation in three different segments: besides Vergelio, two new banners are launched: Marilena, with a younger and more sporting target, and Vierre, linked to luxury products.
In particular, the boutique at the 15th of Corso Buenos Aires, due to its amplitude and strategic position, becomes a reference point in Milan and it is able to offer a perfectly calibrated mix of established and emerging brands with a proposal ranging from classic to casual and contemporary, without missing decisively trendy products.
Some of the brands sold are Car Shoe, Casadei, Ugg, Jeffrey Campbell, Cesare Paciotti, Fendi, Rossetti, Gucci, Hogan, Prada, Sergio Rossi and Pedro Garcia.
In 2015, the Percassi group acquires Vergelio's trademarks and brands (including Marilena and Vierre) and in 2017 it is announced that C.so Vittorio Emanuele's historic store will be closed to leave room for other Percassi's brand.